NWSW of Cameroon : Education in Emergency Project (Updated: December 2020)
OUR SUCCESS stories for using AVICENNA MOBILE CLASSROOM in conflict region to respond to the INCLUSIVE EDUCATION:
This is one of the girls who is enrolled back to school this year after 2 years out of school.
She attended classes using our Avicenna Mobile Classroom in her VILLAGE BAMKIKA (North West – BUI Division – Cameroon) 100 Km from BAMENDA.
She said: “I am from BAMKIKA, and I was out of school for two years due to the crises in NWSW region which cause an attack on my formal school by arms groups and left most of us stranded the INSECURITY forced my family to relocate me to BUEA. However, thanks to the e-learning material of UNESCO which I heard of it through my church. I participated through FIED (Foundation for Inclusive Education) and this have been very helpful as I have successfully gone back to school here in BUEA. My performance this first term is outstanding as compared to my class mete, I think foundation for inclusive education for Education Can Not Wait”
All the Community learning spaces have been modified in response to the COVID-19 safety regulations as guided by CLUSTER COVID-19 risk matrix. Number of learners in each center reduced to at-most 50 learners and home learning groups established. Learners required to wear masks in the learning spaces. Parents also sensitized on COVID 19. All local partners through their individual funding provided washing buckets and soap to the learning spaces.
Key Project Outputs /Activities Status:
- Non-Formal learning:
- The non-formal education learning platform has proved to be very useful for the 293 communities in the crises effected areas providing distance learning in non-formal education, psycho-social support and broadcasted messages.
- The platform is operational with 75,945 learners registered on;
- 17,554 use the learning material through offline Avicenna Virtual Classroom system
- 7,233 use the online platform https://unesco-ecw.avcn.fr/ .
- 11 Avicenna Virtual Classrooms units have been established (consisting of nano server, nano projector, speaker, and solar charged battery).
- 300 tablets will be used offline through Mobile Application and SD cards (Individual using)
School near BUEA :