TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (UNESCO and other institutions)
The RCVA’s means of action are, in particular :
- The organization of conferences, seminars, meetings, workshops and meetings;
- Information and training sessions in the field;
- Expertise, evaluation and advice missions ;
- Realization of project documents on the Avicenna model;;
- Support for finding funding for projects formulated jointly with partners;
- The formulation of innovative projects and programs;
- The formulation of policies and strategies to support reforms;
- The coordination of cooperation and participation activities between institutional partners at the national, regional and international levels.
Among the objectives of the Association, the statutes stipulate in particular the following. :
- Provide vocational training for adults;
- Develop blended education (online and face-to-face);
- Set up criteria for Quality Assurance of courses produced online;
- Develop educational engineering for the use of new technologies for education (TICE)
- Contribute to strengthening the skills of African countries in Science and Technology.
Main activities in 2017 and 2020 :
- Contribution to the development of the project, the implementation of the UNESCO-ECW Emergency Education project in the NW and SW regions of Cameroon (UNESCO Regional Office in Yaoundé) :
This contribution specifically focused on the Component which consists of building an online education system for primary and secondary schools as well as the two universities of Buea and Bamenda, we have contributed to technical assistance.
After the actual launch of the project, and the official creation of the Avicenna Center at the University of Buea as well as the training of trainers which were being implemented, it was noted that given the urgency of the project, the implementation the main technological components of the project were not functional, in particular:
- The project portal;
- A secure e-learning platform;
- At least 4 mobile training centers equipped with nano-servers
The NGO RCVA will make available free of charge to the UNESCO-ECW Emergency Education project:
– The subdomains unesco-ecw.avcn.fr/ unesco-yao.avcn.fr/
– a secure online Moodle platform accessible from the portal
– an EDUMA (WordPress) platform (secure online) suitable for primary and secondary levels. https://unesco.avcn.fr/
– Basic equipment (4 nano-servers and accessories) to quickly operate at least 4 mobile training centers. (Ref: lettre du 25/10/2019).
- Contribution to the development of the TMG project in cooperation with the UNESCO Office in Libreville (Gabon) and the UNESCO Regional Office in Yaoundé:
From 2016 to 2018 RCVA contributed to the success of the Bureau Libreville TMG project by providing a FREE secure online teaching platform that operated without technical interruption throughout the duration of the project. http://gabon5000.avcn.fr .
- Technical and educational assistance was made available to the TMG project:
- Installing the Moodle platform
- The security of the proper functioning of the platform
- Teacher training on educational engineering for the production of online courses
- Tutor training
- Quality assurance
(Ref: lettres du bureau UNESCO de Libreville 19/02 2106 and 04/062018)
- Cooperation with the Science Sector (SC / PCB / CB) in Paris for the development of three new projects :
- The French Academy of Sciences: Science education in Africa using the Avicenna concept. Proposed countries are: Gabon, Cameroon, Algeria and Tunisia. Production and uploading of courses designed by ‘La Main à la Patte’.
- The Institut Pasteur: Dissemination and production of MOOCs on epidemiology for training in universities and raising awareness among young people and the general public. Use of the Avicenna network in Africa. The pilot countries are: Senegal, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Burkina Faso.
- Burkina Faso: The implementation of the TMG project in Burkina Faso (An official request from the government to UNESCO). This project will be based on the Avicenna concept of UNESCO.
The actions carried out in 2017 and 2018 correspond to the above objectives. They mainly concern the capacity building of universities in African countries, in particular by training university administrative, technical and service managers and staff as well as the establishment of networks of universities and colleges. They also concern the proposal of projects for hybrid education centers and platforms and the sharing of capacities and skills.
- The project for a Euro-Maghreb confederation of higher education and research institutions: The main objective of the project is to formalize the establishment of a Euro-Maghreb exchange space based, on the one hand, on the experience of past cooperation and on the other hand on recommendations or recommendations for broader cooperative programs, both economic, cultural and political.
By going beyond the bilateral framework, it should allow:
- To promote multilateral dialogue on themes of the future;
- Establish the foundations of multidisciplinary teams on promising subjects;
- Pool thematic and disciplinary expertise both in pedagogy and in research
- Help strengthen research teams with a view to raising them to the rank of regional centers of excellence;
- Facilitate the mobility of teachers and researchers in the cooperation space;
- Develop, experiment and operate a specific model of university governance.
A first mission was carried out in June 2018 to prepare the meeting of representatives of potentially partner institutions of the confederation. A second mission took place in Bucharest in September 2018 to present the project to potential partners.
- A similar proposal is being put in place with the UNESCO Regional Office in Yaoundé for new projects in Central Africa.